Highlights of new CBSE circular
1. No Semester System: Board exams will take place at end of the year.
2. 100% Syllabus: No division of syllabus for SA I and SA II. Full syllabus exam once at the end of the session.
3. Marks will be awarded: Like class XII 9 Point Scale will be used for grades and also marks will be awarded.
4. 80 Marks Exams: Now board exam will be of 80 Maximum marks for all subjects.
5. 33% passing marks: Now students have to score 27 or more to out of 80 to clear the exam for each subject.
6. 20 Marks Internal Assessment: Formative Assessment is discontinued.
7. Periodic Tests: 10 Marks of Internal Assessment are from periodic tests. Total 3 tests will be conducted in an academic year for each subject. Average of best two will counted in Internal Assessment out of 10 marks.
8. Notebook Submission: 5 Marks of Internal Assessment are from notebook completed and checked, for each subject.
9. Subject Enrichment Activities: 5 Marks of Internal Assessment Subject Enrichment Activities, as follows:
Language 1 (English) – ASL
Language 2 (Hindi/Punjabi) – ASL
Science – Practical Lab Work
Maths – Maths Lab practical
Social Science – Map and Project.
FIT/ICT – Practical Exam
10. Sixth Additional Subject: 40 Marks Board Exam and 60 Marks Practical, in case of FIT/ICT.
11. Co-Scholastic Activities: No grade upscaling based on co-scholastic activities.